Sunday, July 18, 2010

In His Presence

This Friday evening as the sunset, I stood a couple of hundred yards from the banks of Navarro Mills Lake shore with 8 other Torah observant, believing adults and prayed as we welcomed in Shabbat. As I began to lead us in prayer it suddenly seemed we were in a vacuum with YHWH. All time seemed to cease and it was as if the crickets, locusts, birds and frogs were praying with us. The Presence of YHWH was so real and heavy, I didn’t even realize what I was saying, I just knew He was there and we were in Him. I knew what His Word really meant when it said:
“For where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there I am in their midst.”
(Mat 18:20) ISR

For where two or three are gathered as a Chavurah and are a Kehillah in my name [Moshiach], there I am in the midst of them.
(Mat 18:20) OJB

I was always taught this verse was telling us to go to church and don’t worry if there only a couple people there, God will meet with you. Well, I am not saying it cannot be applied to that, it just doesn’t mean that alone! What happen to us was we gathered in His Name (Yahshua), because His Name does matter, and He honored our commitment to keep His Command regarding Shabbat by being with us. If you have never been in His Presence, let me fill you in. I wanted to fall on my face! At that moment, I knew the fear (yarah) of YHWH. He was All Powerful, Mighty, Merciful, Loving and Consuming in that moment.

Why has the world rejected this precious visitation and settled for the three ring circus of churches? The entire disco beat music programs, Oscar nominated speakers, Olympic qualifying shouters/dancers could never compare to one small second of His Presence. And when you get visited by Him, you don’t have the nerve to show off in front of Him. All you want is to bask in Him and usually on your face.

Elohim, therefore, has highly exalted Him and given Him the Name which is above every name, that at the Name of Yahshua every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Yahshua Messiah is Master, to the esteem of Elohim the Father.
(Php 2:9-11) ISR

Every knee shall bow at His Name. His Name is His mark of distinction, it is His reputation, it is His very Presence. When He shows up, you cannot stand in pride and arrogance before Him. When He is there you cannot put on a show or and act to draw attention to yourself. He is everything and His Presence demands your attention.

Nothing in the whole world compares to a real visitation from our King. If you have never really been in His Presence you don’t realize that His visitation is not driven by your emotions. All of your crying, shouting, laughing and dancing does not bring Him to you. He comes when you follow His instructions. It takes unity, submission and proper approach. Get these three things right and He will be there. When He arrives you might find yourself crying, shouting, laughing and dancing but that is because He is so awesome and we are so insignificant without Him.

3 comments: