Monday, June 7, 2010

Why Am I Here, Do I Have a Purpose?

The world has spiraled downward into a mass of confused people who seek to fulfill fleshly desires. Mankind has a purpose. Everything YHWH created has a plan or purpose. Until man has defined and accepted that call, he or she can never be content.
Hebrew scholars teach that everything YHWH created, was created to help mankind fulfill His purpose, and man's purpose is to fear (yirah) YHWH and keep/guard (shomer) His Torah. We know this is true since Shlomo (Solomon) said:
Ecclesiastes 12:13
(13) Let us hear the conclusion of the entire matter: Fear Elohim and guard His commands, for this applies to all mankind!
So if everything, every tree, flower, cloud, bird, deer, river etc. etc., was created to help us complete His purpose, why do we have such a hard time figuring out that purpose?
Man has written thousands of books defining what we are "here for." The Purpose Driven Life became a best seller and still didn't give the right answer. We have seminars and self-help groups, psychologist and physiatrist, counselors and pastors all giving the WRONG answer.
It really is this simple; fear YHWH and keep His commandments. When we do that we are then qualified to be like everything else YHWH created and help others find their purpose.
Trees and hills, rocks and birds don't get to decide. They were created without the ability to choose. The trees in my front yard are praising YHWH right now because that's what they were made to do. They want to help me find "my purpose in life." The birds in my trees sing praises to YHWH just to help show me what I was created to do. If I ignore them and choose NOT to fulfill my purpose, I insult His creation by not letting them do their job.
Once I have learned to yirah (fear) YHWH and I am shomer (guarding) His Torah, I have chosen to be a light to the Nations. I then become part of a city set on a hill that shines as a beacon to others so they too can find their purpose.
YHWH help me to know your secret (sod).
Psalms 25:14
(14) The secret of YHWH is with those who fear (yirah) Him, And He makes His covenant (Torah) known to them.
Find out the reason you were put here today and start helping others also find this secret.
Sirach 34:11-15
(11) When I travelled, I saw many things; and I understand more than I can express.
(12) I was ofttimes in danger of death: yet I was delivered because of these things.
(13) The spirit of those that fear YHWH shall live; for their hope is in him that saveth them.
(14) Whoso feareth YHWH shall not fear nor be afraid; for he is his hope.
(15) Blessed is the soul of him that feareth YHWH: to whom doth he look? and who is his strength?
Sirach 40:26-27
(26) Riches and strength lift up the heart: but the fear of YHWH is above them both: there is no want in the fear of YHWH, and it needeth not to seek help.
(27) The fear of YHWH is a fruitful garden, and covereth him above all glory.
Proverbs 14:2
(2) He who walks in his straightness fears יהוה, But he whose ways are crooked despises Him.
Proverbs 14:27
(27) The fear of יהוה is a fountain of life, To turn away from the snares of death.
The beginning of wisdom is the fear/Yirah of YHWH. Fear/Yirah shocks our ego/nephesh, breaking the natural thickness of the heart, that thickness or selfishness that prevents one from being truly receptive and perceptive to reality outside oneself in general and the Divine Essence of all reality in particular.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Ken;

    I did not know you had a blog!

    My desire is to every day fulfill the purpose. Fear YHWH, obey His Torah, glorifying YHWH and enjoying His presence. Shalom!

    In obedience
    Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Victoria and I were visiting this evening about this very topic. People no longer fear Yah, we slather ourselves in grace and love. What happened to "Whatever you say YHWH, we will do" from Joshua 1:6?
    Understanding His Torah is understanding His will for our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Victoria and I were visiting this evening about how many have no fear of Yah anymore. What happened to "whatever you say, we will do" from Joshua 1:16? Understanding His Torah eliminates confusion for His will in our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, thanks for sharing. You're study gave me an interesting connection. The word for fear that you mentioned above comes from the root 'yar' yod resh. It means a river, a brook or stream. )Incidentally, This is the same root as Torah). It made me think of Proverbs 21:1, where it says that YHWH turns the kings heart as streams of water. It is when our hearts are circumcised that He can guide and direct us to our purpose in life, and it is when our hearts are circumcised that we truly fear Him and keep His commandments. His Word is living, just as a moving stream, so when we are walking in His fear He will guide us to the destination He desires.

    ReplyDelete